What length necklace should I get?
Investing in a new necklace is exciting but before rushing into a purchase it’s important to make sure you get the right chain length for you.
Necklaces or chains come in industry standard lengths. This illustration outline the different lengths for woman.
When selecting a necklace do consider that chains will sit differently depending on your neck size, height, body shape and face shape.
Here are some useful tips:
- Chokers tend to work best for people with long necks.
- Longer chains look best on taller women as they accentuate a tall frame.
- Women below 5’4” look best in 16 to 20 inch necklace lengths.
- Women with a smaller bust, suit long thin chains or long layered chains
- Full figured women should be careful when choosing a necklace that sits below the breast line, as it may not hang properly.
- Remember that people’s eyes will stop at the point where your necklace ends so if you don’t want them looking at that part, then try to avoid necklaces that end there.
If you already have a necklace that is the length you'd like, the answer is easy. Take that necklace, lay it straight and measure it with a ruler. Another option is to drape a piece of string around your neck and pull it down to a point, the way it will hang with a pendant hanging from it.
It’s important to remember that our chain lengths do not include the size of the pendant, so you will need to take into consideration the overall size of the pendant too.
When worn correctly, jewellery can draw people to look at your best assets and focus away attention from the features you would rather not flaunt.
If you are still not sure, never fear, I’m here to help. Simply drop me an email email@example.com and I’ll make sure you get the perfect length.